Garlic - the Superfood!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARLIC
Some complain of the smell but for thousands of years garlic was believed to have medicinal properties.... science has now confirmed it!!!
Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated plants in the world. Other members of their family include, leeks, chives, spring onions. Throughout history garlic has been regarded as a well trusted remedy. In world war 2 it was even used as an antiseptic!
- It is said that antibacterial properties of garlic start to operate and destroy any bacteria found in the system
- Due to the intake of this miraculous vegetable, the body undergoes a process of deep cleansing which leads to:
1. Strengthened immune system
2. Improved bone strength
3. Lowered improved blood pressure levels
4. Boosted longevity of cells
5. Eliminated fatigue
6. Regulated cholesterol levels
7. Prevention of cardiovascular problems
8. Improved athletic performance
Researchers have studied that eating 6 Roasted Garlic Cloves will help cleans your body and can be done once a month. So how do they suggest we eat 6 Roasted Garlic Cloves in one go?!!
How to prepare Roasted Garlic? (once a month cleansing)
Step 1 - Put a garlic bulb (a full head) in the oven and let it bake until tender.
Step 2 - Remove from the oven, let it cool and consume only 6 garlic cloves
Step 3 - when eating roasted garlic, remember to consume plenty of water, light food such as vegetables and easily digestible proteins.
You can do this cleansing remedy once a month - so waste no time and start eating garlic!!
Here on Di Rita's Farm we are looking forward to seeing how our garlics have grown...ready to cook some delicious dishes at Di Rita's Italian Cuisine